It’s September, can you believe it! The time has flown in 2021 and we are hurtling towards the back end of the year, with Christmas now not too far away. We all make comments like this to each other at this time of year, and can’t believe how the time has flown, because we’ve been so busy.
This brings me onto what I want to discuss with you today. No matter what your job or position, learning to become productive and multiplying your time will help you and have positive repercussions in every area of your life.
74% of UK adults have felt so stressed at some point over the last year that they felt overwhelmed or unable to cope. This is really concerning and upsetting that there are so many people suffering with these types of feelings.
So, what can you do to multiply your time?
I can’t magically help you discover extra hours in the day, but here are some top tips for creating extra time for you to utilise and put into practice;
- Can you delete any of your tasks for the day? If not;
- Can you automate this task in anyway, even if it involves extra initial time to set-up!
- If you can’t delete the task or automate it, then can it be delegated or taught to someone else to do?
- If the task still doesn’t fit into any of the above, can you simply, delay the task, or as Rory Vaden has quoted this term “Procrastinate on Purpose”. This means that you consciously decide to do something later or schedule in another time to do the thing, whilst you move higher priority tasks to the front.
Time management has always been a logical decision-making process, but the more you delve into the theories behind planning your time, you see that what you ACTUALLY DO is an EMOTIONAL process. Whether its being guilt tripped into doing something, or moving a task up the order of your list because of anxiety, we are making productivity decisions emotionally.
So, to multiply your time;
- Use the Delete, Automate, Delegate, Delay system
- Invest your time into automation and spending time setting up systems that will save you time in the future.
My top 5 tips on how to get super productive
- Figure out your peak 2 hours, where you can be most productive and where you have your peak energy lift.
- Focus on 20% of the tasks that will produce 80% of the results.
- Have a motivated morning every day. Focus on personal growth, e.g., working out and meditating
- Stop multi-tasking. Do one task at a time.
- Take more breaks, eat & drink regularly and set time allocations to tasks (make it a game to try and complete the task within a certain time)
I promise if you start implementing the top 5 tips, in conjunction with taking action to multiply your time, your life will dramatically change! Please keep me updated on your results if you try this out and get in touch with me via email – email@example.com for any more info on the subject. I am more than happy to share my daily routines etc…
Stay safe everyone!